Policies and Procedures
Local Businesses –
Not for Profit Organizations – These organizations are welcome to speak to the Club; however, the organization is not allowed to pursue the Club during a program for a monetary contribution unless the organization has requested and been approved by the Board as a recipient of Club funding.
Club Members as Speakers – Club members are encouraged to speak as long as the topic is of general interest and the speaker’s program does not involve the commercial promotion of the individual nor the individual’s business or employer.
Elected Officials – National and statewide* elected officials are always welcome to be a guest speaker. State and local elected officials are welcome to be a guest speaker; however, if the elected official is a candidate running for reelection, the club asks that the candidate not speak four months prior to any primary up until the general election is over and the election has determined the office holder. Even if the elected official is running unopposed, please observe this guideline.
Candidates Seeking Elected Office – National and statewide** candidates are always welcome to be a guest speaker. The Club asks that neither state or local political candidates nor their representatives be invited to speak.
The Rotary Club of Greater Portage County welcomes presentations on all topics that may be of interest to the club. It is to the discretion of the program/speaker coordinator to determine if certain presentation topics should be reviewed by the board before being approved to present at a general Rotary meeting.
-Any deviation from these guidelines requires prior approval by the Rotary Club of Greater Portage County Board.
*The definition of a statewide elected official is any elected officeholder that represents the entire State of Wisconsin and is not defined to one particular voting district within the State.
** The definition of a statewide political candidate seeking elected office is any candidate that is seeking an office that represents the entire State of Wisconsin and is not defined to one particular voting district within the State.
We meet on Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. at the Portage County Courthouse Annex, Conference rooms 1 & 2. The Portage County Courthouse Annex is kitty-corner from the City County Building and is located at:
1462 Strongs Avenue
Stevens Point, WI 54481-2947
- The meeting starts at approximately 7:05 with the presentation beginning at approximately 7:20. If you have things to set up please arrive prior to 7:00 a.m. as we say the pledge of allegiance and have club duties to attend to from 7:00 a.m. until the presentation begins.
- We have approximately 25 members and up to 20 attending most mornings.
- Plan on presenting for about 20 minutes. Our meeting typically concludes about 7:50 as people need to leave to go to work.
- Please plan on us asking questions – we are a curious bunch! Typically a morning presentation goes like this:
- 7:00 to 7:05 we chat and everyone arrives
- 7:05 to 7:20 Pledge of Allegiance and club business
- 7:20 to 7:40 Presentation
- 7:40 to 7:50 Questions
- 7:50 to 8:00 wrap things up
- We have use of a projector that connects to a laptop computer. We will provide the cords for the hook up to the computer but you will need to bring your own computer. We have a 9 point pin connection to the projector in the room. If you use Apple products you will need to bring an adapter with a 9 point pin connection. We don’t have a computer in the room, just the projector.
- We provide coffee and cream, and occasionally we will have donuts.
If you have problems please call us ahead of the meeting –
- Rick Zahn – Co-President– cell 715- 347-2321
- Rachel Swedberg – Co-President cell 715-252-1300
- Bill Fehrenbach – President Elect 715 – 572-3875